Our Client, a global leader in In-vitro Diagnostics, is now looking for a Global Product Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for upstream marketing, will sit on core teams and act as the “voice of the customer” for new product development.
The scope of responsibilities is global and includes the US, Europe, Asia, and all emerging markets. This position reports to Headquarters and is based Barcelona.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Communicate the Voice of Customer to internal development teams to frontload product development that ensures value creation in new products.
- Closely manage the lifecycle for responsible products and significantly contribute to the company’s growth and profitably through portfolio management, strategic pricing and new product enhancements.
- Provide market intelligence, business cases and Voice of Customer requirements for new product development or new market program development within the own area of responsibility.
- Create and implement clear value proposition /positioning for covered products incorporating Sample to Insight messaging. Includes training regional teams for new product launches and driving uptake of new launches with Comm Ops.
- Product/platform life cycle management and strategic product development roadmap that considers phasing out older or less profitable product lines for new innovations.
- Strategic pricing that generates maximum profitability based on value product brings to the market and current competitive atmosphere. Actively incorporating Value Based Pricing principles in new product launches.
- Be up-to-date on the latest regulatory and clinical trial requirements.
Required Experience & Skills:
- Education in Life Sciences, MBA is a plus.
- 3 years experience in clinical IVD marketing/ commercial organizations.
- Experience in molecular diagnostics is a plus.
- Some customer facing and international business experience is required.
- Commercial mind-set able to adapt to different markets Europe, US, and Emerging Markets.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills at all levels and with a variety of stakeholders incl. effective KOL management
- Ability to advance projects and promote collaboration in a matrixed environment.
- Strategic vision, ability to make and defend difficult, high-stake trade-off decisions.
- Agile with intellectual curiosity, resourcefulness in response to unexpected challenges or dynamic situations.
- Willingness to travel extensively.
- Fluency in English.